I condensed my ideas to 10 objects representing my 'Memories' - Past/Present.
Evidently one of my most influential days, was when I met Valentino Garavani and his equally talented partner Giancarlo Giammetti. It was an unforgettable night full of amazement, inspiration and passion. I was helping out that night at Somerset House and Savoy Hotel for the opening of Valentino - Master of Couture Exhibition!!! Beautiful night!! It gave me hope that my dreams could one day become reality, and meeting one of the most talented fashion designers of all time for filled one of my long term dreams. :) Here I simply illustrated one of Valentino's designs from a postcard by using acrylic paints and fine liners. I wanted to leave it quite bare, as I wanted all the attention to be placed on the name, the dress but also what this colour represents! I am happy with the outcome of this illustration, as it represents that exact moment of when I met Valentino. I would say that I could have added more refined detailing on the dress -giving it a more defined look, however I am very happy with the way it looks. I could maybe add a very subtle colour for the background, since there is already a bold use of red and black. I have learned that images, drawings, paintings etc. do not have to be constantly busy in order for them to illustrate a meaning behind the idea -it could be represented in an abstract way.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
So this is a cartoon sketch/illustration of my best friend, which lives in Athens Greece. I love her to bits, we are practically sisters. This was from a moment this year during my summer holidays. It was on my last day in Athens!! :( We spent the whole afternoon together. Here we are sitting in 'Goodys' eating our club sandwich!!! This is just a line drawing of Clem, however, I will add watercolour paints, to add that extra shadow and colour pop, to represent our joyous day full of fun and laughter!
I will add an image of the whole drawing complete. If I had to improve or develop this piece, I would probably add a more dramatic background so it could give more depth to the drawing, also making the drawing of myself and Clem stand out! I really like the way the I have created so many different lines with the fine liner, in which fade when the watercolour mixes with it. I also like the way I have used up most of the page, and have left small amounts of white spaces. I and extremely happy with the way it has come out, and I cannot wait to give it to Clem!!!
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
I was in Nursery when my mother decided to dress me up as some sort of strawberry!!!!! I was always embarrassed when I had to turn up to school in fancy dress, because I was constantly the odd one out. All the girls were the ordinary glam princess', apart from 'me'. The teachers always used to make me stand in front of my whole class and ask me what I was and what it represented to me. Here I have used a fine liner to outline the silhouettes and to add in any fine detail of the dresses. I have then used colouring pencils to add it the tonal range both dresses have. I have completed the whole picture, in which I will upload. I am happy with the way it has come out. Personally I would not change anything, however if I had to, it would probably be to enlarge it onto bigger sized paper.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
Yes, I know these images are not the sweetest or the most calming, but I LOVE HORROR MOVIES!!!
I must be addicted as I constantly watch them, whether I am by myself with my sister or friends. This is from the new movie 'Conjuring' -It's a great horror movie. I captured this image, because I liked the composition of the woman on the chair, the movement of her hands and the intensity and disturbance it creates because of the blanket covering her whole body! I also shot this image because I like the use of limited colours -black, white and grey, as it generates more emotion and it focuses more on the covered and possessed woman under the blanket. I am going to draw this with chalk or paint in onto a large canvas. I would like to use an effect on these images, maybe something that can provide colour or a tonal range.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
My broken cracked phone! It happened this year, a week before I left for my summer holidays...luckily, somehow I managed to get it fixed. I scanned the broken screen and used it to to sketch the in depth detail of the interior and the exterior of the surface of the phone. I like the way I have broken everything down, I have used shading pencils for one of the drawings, watercolours to fill in the cracks and squared spaces, a scanned version of the top view of the screen and a line drawing of the interior and exterior. Another reason why I chose to draw this is because of the highly detailed accurate shapes. I love drawing detail, that is my speciality!! I would like to experiment more with this idea.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
Me and my sister taking care of rabbits. I remember this moment like it was yesterday!! I literally wanted to squeeze the rabbit in my hands. I know that it sounds quite disturbing, but it was so soft!! This is another very simplistic watercolour painting of us both. I did not want to add to much of the detailing, just because the light and subtle colours represented the joyous feeling I was experiencing at that moment. I sometimes like not to fill in/paint the face, because I believe that you do not have to include your face in order for you to remember the moment, or have an identity.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
This links in with the illustration of mine at the beginning -Valentino
These were the postcards I was handing out on the night, when helping out. I have folded this postcard, in so many ways in order to encapsulate the time, the event , the memories the thoughts and adrenaline from that night. It also demonstrates a movement or a cycle as it runs through all the different images. The different folds could represent the different meaning it could have on each of us, and importance can differ -from a fold being quite tight or loose. I might continue sketching the different folds.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
My first ever purse given to me by my much loved mother. I used to carry it everywhere with me (and I mean literally everywhere). Here are a few snapshots of the purse from different angles. I have sketched out this purse using charcoal and lead, where I will upload very soon.
(Authors own 2013)
My badge for my voluntary help at Somerset House!! This has got be through so many inspiring exhibitions, amazing workshops, meets and greets, fashion weeks...and the list goes on!! I will never lose or throw this badge away...EVER!! I have had so many experiences and memories created at Somerset House, I cannot throw them away.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
These are not any serious illness pills. LOL They are just my iron pills I am "supposed" to be taking everyday! My parents pester me about how weak they think I am, and that I need to put on weight!! But I am fine!!! I have tried a few, they are disgusting!! I have sketched a few of these images out, in which I will enlarge onto a canvas and paint it with oil paints. I want to use more defined and contemporary colours on the actual pills, so it could represent each memory of taking them, or the fowl taste etc,
(Authors own 2013)
My personal invitation and award for one of my paintings to be exhibited at the 'Mall Galleries' in Central London. It is such a great experience and feeling. I finally feel like my work is being noticed and that it worth something. I have always wanted to exhibit my work, and this is small step towards it!! Unfortunately I did not attend, because I left for my holidays one day before. But I had a friend go, who took photos of my work, and of other students work too.
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
This is my ticket to the 'Acropolis Museum' in Athens Greece of last year. A great place to visit!!! There was so much inspiration I came back with. This meant a lot, because one of my projects I focused on back in A Level was Ancient Greek history, and its art. One of my very many paintings was of three women/statuses, in which I found in the museum!! I was so amazed!! I will love to go again, but I will probably wait for a couple of years to pass.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment