Sunday, 8 September 2013

'The Future is Here'


(Authors own 2013)

After visiting an exhibition at the 'Design Museum' called 'The Future is Here', I realised how much the industrial revolution has impacted our lives. Our society and workplace has undertaken huge changes and has advanced in new developments. It is evident that rely on certain objects in order for us to get our job done, although we do not realise what people used before industrialisation. We take everything for granted!!
The midst of transformation is in the way we make, design and use objects that we depend on. The exhibition is great, it explores how the boundaries between designer, manufacturer and consumer are becoming increasingly obscure. I totally recommend you going to see it, as it explores themes of innovation and mass customisation.
My sketches are shown below - they were very quick 5 min drawings which I hope to enlarge, refine and develop.

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment