Sunday, 29 September 2013

3D Design - Day 3

3D Design - Day 3

(Authors own 2013)

22/09/13 - The day consisted of working with spagetti. Geoff gave us 20 pieces of spagetti and shared glue, to then create a visually intriguing structure that could support  3 plastic balls.
Firstly, I sketched out many different designs (about 20 designs). Though, many of my designs would not realistically fulfil the brief, it allowed me to experiment and think of something out of the box. After starting my 3D model, I realised the spagetti was very fragile and tended to melt when the glue touched it. I had a few difficulties however, I enjoyed this task very much!

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)


(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

For the last part of the task we had to quickly create a structure out of paper and glue, that could pad out the design in order to prevent it from getting damaged. I must say that aesthetically the end result was very much a 'pretty' piece of packaging. However, it does certainly not withstand great amounts of weight.

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment