Sunday, 8 September 2013

V&A - Memory Palace

'Memory Palace' - V&A

(Authors own 2013|)

The last exhibition I visited was 'The Memory Palace' at the V&A. I found the exhibition extremely inspiring and stimulating as it consisted of film, illustration, poetry, typography, sound and installations. There was also an opportunity to conceal your own memory on interactive tablets, that are then displayed on the walls of the exhibition. I found this exhibition refreshing, but not in an uplifting way, as it presents our world in years to come which is encapsulated in a memory. The curator has made sure the theme of corruption has come across to the viewers and has been unfolded in this exhibition.


"When they took me back to my cell. I lay on the floor, watching the jewels in my memory palace spin and turn, gorgeous and bright. For the first time I could see them - not just in my mind's eye, but in reality. I could actually see them. They were very beautiful."

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

(Authors own 2013)


Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A

Memory Palace - V&A





No comments:

Post a Comment