Sunday, 29 September 2013

Γιασεμι - Memory Poster

Γιασεμι - Memory Poster


(Authors own 2013)

On the 14th September I was working digitally on the computer, using softwares I have used before but also used softwares I am unaware of. These softwares included: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I did complete another poster in class, however, I did not think it was successful enough to be displayed as a poster. I felt the outcome and the meaning behind it was weak and ineffective  I did not like the colours I had placed on it, neither the background I found on the internet. And so, I came up with other ideas, which got condensed down to this...

I believe that this poster signifies something to both me and the viewers. I have used my own images, and have used specific effects on them with the help of Photoshop. The use of Euros is effective, because it could signify many things - the crisis in Greece, Europe - The different cultures and countries - Holidays and most importantly in this case memories. I then created my own logo in Greek, which is the name of the cafe in Athens. Lastly, I created the poster layout in InDesign. I found this extremely useful, as it improved my skills on Photoshop, but also informed me in how to use new programmes such as InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment