Fashion - Day 1
Continued...
I then chose the design/sample that I cut holes at the top of each folded piece. (I used a staple remover to create the holes/technique I have created). I felt this item was interesting and could be manipulated into various structures due to the folded technique used.
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
In turn, I created 20 of these structures in a wide range of sizes. At this point we were given a partner to collaborate with and use their own designs too. Therefore, both me and my classmate Jenai had to be versatile in our thought process, working quickly as two designers collaborating together.
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
Continued...
In the following task I had to work with my partner, responding to create visually engaging garments. However, we had the added challenge of using a random pairs paper samples to create the garments which made the task much more intense. Although some of our creations were more questionable, we worked to the best of our ability with the time constraints and the limitations of materials we had.
In each design I have tried to showcase the samples by creating unique styles, which were perhaps not as sophisticated as we thought. Nevertheless, by the time we had rotated back to our original samples, the designs we created were far more dynamic as we had seen how other teams used our items!
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
.jpg) |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
Overall, I believe that today was vitally important in changing how I view a structural garment. I learnt that to make something visually engaging, it should work, to challenge conventions of fashion. When one succeeds at this a truly inspiring and interesting creation is made. Following this workshop, I am going to incorporate this sense of freedom of constraints within my fashion and art work and the risk is occasionally rewarded with success and happiness!
These are some of my own illustrations of the creations me and my partner came up with. I used my 'promarker' pens in which I then drew on photo paper. I believe they came out successful as they look like professional postcards! Again sorry for not being able to rotate the images!
No comments:
Post a Comment