Friday, 18 October 2013

Lens Based Media - Day 3

As part of our exploration into Lens Based Media this week, we were given a project around creating a storyboard! Initially we had to develop a story, then segment into six sections. These sections would present the major points in the story. 

The journey in the struggle of a little creature I created myself. It is the adventure she and her friend are faced with! 
Overall, I felt this week provided me with great insight into how my creativity can be used in different media. I thoroughly enjoyed this task in particular as it allowed me to explore my own personal interests, creating a story of struggle and muck ups. I have learned the diversity of photography work, and how you should use software to assist your own creativity rather than essentially dominate it. In the future, I cannot wait to explore further the versatility of this medium as it can shape my drawings, painting and creative planning!

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013) 

Here are some extra images I printed out just in case my story did not turn out the way I had hoped! Luckily enough, I can now make another story with the extra images I have left over! This is a great way to play around with different ideas and stories! I will definitely be using them later on in the process. I had also come up with another idea, however, this contrasts as it is a more serious storyboard illustrating the struggle of relationships and love. I have used the black background just so the small images can stand out. I have taken these images in a grayscale, just to depict this idea that love and relationships do not turn out well -there are always difficulties and struggles. The large spaces I have created with the black background signify this idea. I believe that this storyboard is very effective visually and mentally, however, I do not think it fulfills the brief that was given to us. Therefore, I came up with a more creative and fun story. 

(Authors own 2013)
These are most of my original images when creating and coming up with this idea/story! For the main character I used: paper, pen, flower from one of my hair clips, a famous anti-bacterial from USA, bluetack, two of my little clothing hanging clips and two blocks of wood used as her legs (for her to stand).

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)




(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013) 
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)


(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

1 comment:

  1. I like the way in which you have combined the random objects such as the pegs, pen and the anti-bacterial hand wash to create a character that we feel sympathy for. Is the butterfly that comes along supposed to be a friend that the girl makes and then do the following images show her search for the butterfly once it has flown away? I think that making this slightly clearer would help the viewer to understand the story. In addition to this, the story could have taken a slightly different route towards the end whereby the girl would find the butterfly and they would become good friends. You mentioned that in your opinion the story didn't meet the brief we had been given. However, I like the approach you took when creating the story and I think it works well with the presentation used and the characters you created.

    ReplyDelete