Saturday, 19 October 2013

Fashion - Day 3

Today I undertook probably the most challenging and new task yet! I have never made any piece of clothing and especially not out of paper! After many ideas and calculations I concluded in making a top as my piece of garment -as it was physically impossible to make a dress in the time we were set. After creating a set of unique designs yesterday, I began to move forward with a more of an intriguing design. After creating a rough set of drawings to demonstrate what my design would look like, I quickly moved into the development stage!

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
I was cautious when thinking about the removal of the top, both on and off the mannequin but also on and off the actual model. I therefore made an appropriate decision in including string to each side -in order to secure the top of the body when worn!

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
The additional colour was then purposely added to the garment in order to make it more visually attractive and more engaging -otherwise it would have been dull and uninteresting to wear and look at!

(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
(Authors own 2013)
Once the garment was completed, I tried it on myself seeing as it was my garment and it fit me well. This allowed me to see how it would fit onto a real boy, in which came out successful which I was very pleased about.We then had to model our garments in different settings throughout Ravensbourne. I must admit it was challenging to capture the top in high detail when it was placed on myself. I feel like you had to zoom in, just to view it. This could illustrate the difficulties and challenges fashion designers and fashion photographers are faced with.

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)
 
(Authors own 2013)
Overall, I feel the top as a garment piece was a great success as it combined various techniques, shapes and patterns, which I have been exposed to throughout these six weeks of rotations. Though, I could have made it out of other materials, I would have swapped the brown paper for something else and would have added a bolder hint of colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment