This week I have been exploring the Lens Based Media pathway. I have found it a very interesting experience, as I have explored it's versatility and storytelling! As we began the morning, we looked at how images could be altered to present different meanings. We began by selecting a set of photos that represent us as an individual through the environment that surrounds us!
I then found that I had taken a photo of myself and my best male friend in Covent Garden. I found these images visually intriguing, as they represent my relationship with my friend as well as my love for London -especially Covent Garden and the social outside world of nature. However, what I found interesting is that a stranger would just view the image as a set of Covent Garden -with people surrounding the image!
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
We then took our chosen image and drew it on A1 cartridge paper for an hour. I used sketching pencils, to quickly draw the outlines of each feature in the image -as I did not have time to add any real detail or shadings. I hope to develop this further and maybe use paints to create a final piece from my journey through the lens based media pathway.
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
Here we were asked to cut our drawing up into sections -in which we could develop a story from each new image we had created. I decided to base mine on one-word themes. My first cut-out represents 'Observation'. These themes link with each other, as they all present actions of every human being in this world,
 |
(Authors own 2013) 'Determined/Devoted'
|
 |
(Authors own 2013) 'Traffic' |
 |
(Authors own 2013) 'Socialising' |
 |
(Authors own 2013) 'Excluded' |
Part 2: For the second part of the day, we were asked to take a series of intriguing storytelling images at Ravensbourne, revolving around a set of words. 'Fall, echo, happy, sad, crush and jump'. Each of the following images presents one of these words -so that you, the audience can guess them first!
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
Overall, this day was particularly interesting as it allowed me to look at the power of composition, and the idea of telling a story! I have learnt effective ways of presenting images to assist the title. I hope to use these in my future work!
No comments:
Post a Comment