Friday, 18 October 2013

Fashion - Day 1

This week I discovered how fashion has deep architectural roots. Both fashion and architecture compliment each other. Garments are made to measure, creating an elegant silhouette on the figure. As I explored the fashion rotation this week, I began to understand that the most interesting and appealing items of haute couture are sometimes the most unexpectedly structured garments.

(Authors own 2013)
My first task was to create five paper 'samples', which could manipulate the paper in interesting ways. Therefore, I decided to use my artistic talent, to create a garment piece -either a top, skirt or dress! I based this task more around embellishments that could shape and enhance a garment, rather than the actual structural fold and elements of the garment itself.

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013) 
(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

(Authors own 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment