Over the past three days I have been developing a project revolving around my future/career prospects. I was briefed to create a poster using graphic techniques I have developed over the past week. The poster was to represent myself as an artist/architect and my future exhibition that would be held in 2033!
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
I therefore, began by creating a set of around 20 rough ideas in both colour and in black, white and grey! I hope to next time use some other medius -and not just use felt tip pens as seen in my sketchbook.
I must say that I found it quite challenging to find and area that I wanted to focus on, so therefore I created designs regarding lines, structures, patterns and shapes -which is very common for architecture. And therefore, next time I hope to be more eccentric.
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
As I narrowed down my ideas I decided to somehow include and imagine myself in that positions, so I look at various options. As I experimented with layouts, I decided I wanted to present an exhibition of myself in it, and so therefore used my favourite colour -red! I understand that it is a bit minimal, however, I thought simple and straightforward. Nextime I will maybe choose a more eccentric design.
 |
| (Authors own 2013) |
If I was to alter it, I would choose another structural piece I could add on the page and would change the colours. This image is a reduced photocopied version of my poster. I prefer it visually when it is photocopied.
Overall, this project has made me understand the importance of an eye-catching poster/image. On the whole, I believe I created and eye-catching and straightforward poster. However, it might be too straightforward and minimal.
I really like the style you have used in the exhibition poster and it is a style I have also experimented with in my 'Memory' poster. I love the use of combining block colours to create abstract forms. I think that the poster would have been more effective if the text followed the same style of cutting the block colours and was composed with this technique. Where the word 'formation' follows a curved path it does draw the viewers eye to the text, which may have been the effect you were intending to create. However, the poster appears to follow a pattern of diagonal and straight lines which I think doesn't fit in with some of the text used. This could be something you can experiment with if you do a similar task again. Overall, I think the poster works fantastically and the colours you have used compliment each other nicely.
ReplyDelete